- Future Distance Students
- Current Distance Students
- Distance Programs
- Professional Programs
- Contact Us
Graduate Degree Programs
Master of Science in Information Science and Technology
The explosive growth and utilization of information has transformed every aspect of our economy and society. The associated rise in increasingly complex technology has generated the need for highly trained professionals to implement and maintain information systems on local and global scales.
Missouri University of Science and Technology’s master’s degree in information science and technology is structured to educate students in the design, development, and successful application of information systems in modern corporate organizations. With only four required core courses, this program provides students with the flexibility to choose their own specialized areas of interest. Areas of specialization that lead to graduate certificates include: human-computer interaction, enterprise resource planning (with SAP Certificate), psychology of leadership, and project management. Other areas of specialization include computer networks, communication systems and e-commerce.
A total of 30 credit hours of coursework is required to complete this degree.
Please check the Schedule of Classes for a current list of available courses for distance students.
- Bachelor’s degree with GPA ≥ 3.0, or successful completion of 12 graduate hours in IST courses
- GRE: V ≥ 144 (370 based on previous scale), Q ≥ 148 (600 based on previous scale), A≥ 3.5
- International requirement: TOEFL ≥ 230 (computer-based), ≥ 570 (paper-based), ≥ 88(web-based); or IELTS ≥ 6.5
Click here for more admission information
Graduate certificate programs are a great way to start earning college credit toward a graduate degree. The GRE is not required to enter a certificate program. If you complete a certificate program with a grade of B or better in all core courses, you may be accepted into the corresponding master's degree program without taking the GRE*.
IST Graduate Certificates
- AI, Machine Learning and Automation in Business
- Business Analytics and Data Science
- Business Intelligence
- Business Project Management
- Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Management
- Digital Media and Web Design
- Digital Supply Chain Management
- Electronic and Social Commerce
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Entrepreneurship and Technological Innovation
- Financial Technology
- Human-Computer Interaction and User Experience
- Information Systems Project Management
- Management and Leadership
- Mobile Business and Technology
*Completion of a graduate certificate program does not automatically guarantee admission into a corresponding graduate degree program. To continue in a master’s degree program, you must apply. Click here for details and check with academic department for program specific details and requirements.
Courses are delivered over the internet, via live streaming video; collaborative learning software includes WebEx; course management software is Canvas; classes are archived online for review and easy access.
- Request Info
Haven't decided if you want to apply yet? No worries. Just click the Request Information button and fill out the form. We'll respond to your request within 24 hours. You can always email email@example.com or call 573-341-6591 or toll free 1-877-678-1870 with any questions.
Before you apply online, make sure you have all your application materials gathered. Click here for details. If you need help, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 573-341-6591 or toll free 1-877-678-1870 and we'll walk you through the application process.
If you're like most prospective students, you have lots of questions about S&T's distance programs. We've tried to answer the most commonly asked questions, which can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Hopefully, we've answered your questions. If we haven't, please send them our way. You can email us at email@example.com or call 573-341-6591 or toll free 1-877-678-1870.