- Future Distance Students
- Current Distance Students
- Distance Programs
- Professional Programs
- Contact Us
Graduate Degree Programs
Master of Science in Computer Engineering
The mission of the computer engineering program is the education of students to fully prepare them to provide leadership in the recognition and solution of society’s problems in the area of computer engineering.
The computer engineering program offers graduate programs of study which lead to the M.S. degree (thesis and non-thesis options) and Ph.D. degree. Both may be taken through distance education.
A great variety of multidisciplinary programs and research areas are available. Most graduate programs in computer engineering normally include some specialization in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital Systems Design — topics include computer architecture, digital circuits, high performance systems, parallel processors, testing and VLSI design.
- Electrical Engineering — can be an emphasis area in computer engineering or a separate degree. See the section on electrical engineering for emphasis areas in electrical engineering.
- Embedded Computer Systems — topics include hardware/software co-design, microprocessor systems, real-time systems, and smart sensors.
- Systems, Intelligence, and Software Engineering — topics include computational intelligence, computer networks, dependability, fault tolerance, image processing, neural networks and system security/survivability.
Missouri S&T’s PhDs are available on a case-by-case basis. Interested students should contact the academic department for details.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from ABET accredited university (or equivalent international), with Undergraduate GPA ≥3.3/4.0
- GRE Score V ≥ 150, Q ≥ 160, V+Q ≥ 310 and AW ≥ 4.0. The GRE may be waived for exceptionally qualified applicants.
- International requirement: TOEFL ≥ 92 iBT or IELTS ≥ 6.5.
Click here for more admission information
Graduate certificate programs are a great way to start earning college credit toward a graduate degree. The GRE is not required to enter a certificate program. If you complete a certificate program with a grade of B or better in all core courses, you may be accepted into the corresponding master's degree program without taking the GRE*.
Computer Engineering Graduate Certificate
- Computational Intelligence
- Electric Machines and Drives
- Electric Power Systems Engineering
- Information Assurance & Security Officer Essentials
- Network Centric Systems
*Completion of a graduate certificate program does not automatically guarantee admission into a corresponding graduate degree program. To continue in a master’s degree program, you must apply. Click here for details and check with academic department for program specific details and requirements.
Courses are delivered over the Internet, via live streaming video; collaborative learning software includes WebEx and Blackboard; classes are archived online for review and easy access.
- Request Info
Haven't decided if you want to apply yet? No worries. Just click the Request Information button and fill out the form. We'll respond to your request within 24 hours. You can always email email@example.com or call 573-341-6591 or toll free 1-877-678-1870 with any questions.
Before you apply online, make sure you have all your application materials gathered. Click here for details. If you need help, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 573-341-6591 or toll free 1-877-678-1870 and we'll walk you through the application process.
If you're like most prospective students, you have lots of questions about S&T's distance programs. We've tried to answer the most commonly asked questions, which can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Hopefully, we've answered your questions. If we haven't, please send them our way. You can email us at email@example.com or call 573-341-6591 or toll free 1-877-678-1870.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Global Learning - Distance Education
Student Support Services
216 Centennial Hall, 300 West 12th Street
Rolla, MO 65409-1560
Toll Free: 1-877-678-1870