- Future Distance Students
- Current Distance Students
- Distance Programs
- Professional Programs
- Contact Us
Graduation Information for Distance Students
Fall 2016 Commencement for Graduate Students
Saturday, Dec 17, 2016
This page is designed for Missouri S&T's distance students. Main campus students please refer to the Registrar’s Website.
Master's and PhD Distance Graduates
Here are some things you need to do:
- Apply for Graduation! The Graduate Office must receive a completed application for graduation form within the first four weeks of your graduating semester. After the first 4 weeks of the semester (20th class day) the form must be accompanied with an appeal and signatures from the Department Chair and Vice Provost for Graduate Studies.
Students should apply for graduation in Joe’SS. The Registrar's Office has posted a how-to video: Apply for Graduation (QuickTime video).
- Make sure you clear for graduation! Run your online Degree Audit Report (DARS). Be sure you run the correct degree program audit- every program you’ve even been enrolled in at S&T will show up when you search for your DARS. Step by step instructions of how to check your DARS Verify your name and address where your certificate will be mailed on Joe’SS (Self Service > Student Center > Personal Information). Please inform the Registrar’s Office of any discrepancies (email@example.com; 573-341-4181; Diploma Address Change form).
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your FREE Graduation Announcements! We'll be happy to mail you your FREE Graduation Announcements.
- Let the Global Learning Department know you’ll be attending the commencement!
- If you're attending commencement: order your commencement regalia from the bookstore. Contact the Bookstore Manager: Mark Gallardo, they’ll be happy to ship the items to you, or you can pick up the day of commencement please note: if you pick up it will be folded in a package (not nicely pressed and ironed).
Master’s students (attending commencement) will need to order a cap, gown, tassel, and hood. All master’s caps, gowns, and tassels are black.
Master’s hood colors are as follows:
Engineering (including computer science): orange
|Richard is wearing an orange engineering hood|
Diplomas will be mailed to students 6-8 weeks after final grades are posted (except for summer semester: summer semester certificates and diplomas are mailed out after the fall semester).
Commencement Live Streaming
Our Commencement Ceremony will be livestreamed — a great option for your guests who may not be able to attend live with you! Check out this link for more information. Please note: only graduates who attend live will have their names read.