- DCE Home
- About DCE
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Certificate and Graduate Degree Programs
- Boeing Students
- Professional Development Programs
- Pre-College Programs and Summer Camps
- Staff Directory
Graduate Degree Programs
Master of Business Administration
MBA info sheet (pdf)
In today’s global business environment, management requires the ability to leverage information and think strategically across business functions. Missouri University of Science and Technology’s MBA program is unique in developing disciplined leaders focused on successful implementation and results. The part-time program, which requires 36 credit hours to complete, is targeted toward working professionals and executives. This format is designed to be completed in two to three years.
Specialization areas include marketing, international business, strategy, new product development, enterprise resource planning, supply chain management, business sustainability, human-computer interaction, project management, and business intelligence. This program requires 36 credit hours to complete. It usually takes two to three years to complete.
Characteristics of a Successful MBA Applicant:
- Proven Academic Ability
- Perform Under Pressure
- Demonstrated Leadership Potential
- Disciplined and Determined
Core Classes (21 credit hours)
- BUS 6121: Teambuilding & Leadership (fall)
- BUS 6622: International Marketing (fall)
- BUS 6723: Corporate Information System Management (spring)
- BUS 6224: Managerial Accounting & Control (spring)
- BUS 6425: Supply Chain and Project Management (spring & summer)
- BUS 6426: Integration of Business Areas (fall)
- BUS 6827: Managerial Finance (fall)
Electives (15 credit hours)
Students wishing to pursue a broad spectrum MBA may select the 15 credit hours of electives in appropriate business and technology related areas to suit their personal interests, or they may focus in an area of expertise with a Graduate Certificate (requiring 12 of the 15 credit hours).
Please check the semester wise Schedule of Classes for a current listing of the courses available for distance students
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution.
- GPA ≥ 3.0 in last two years of coursework.
- GMAT ≥ 550 or GRE score ≥ 290
- International requirement: TOEFL ≥ 600 paper-based, ≥ 250 computer-based or 88 iBT internet based or IELTS ≥ 6.0
Click here for more admission information
Graduate certificate programs are a great way to start earning college credit toward a graduate degree. The GRE is not required to enter a certificate program. If you complete a certificate program with a grade of B or better in all core courses, you may be accepted into the corresponding master's degree program without taking the GRE.
Business Administration Graduate Certificates
- Business Analytics and Data Science
- Business Intelligence
- Business Project Management
- Digital Media
- Digital Supply Chain Management
- Electronic and Social Commerce
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Management and Leadership
- Mobile Business and Technology
Courses are delivered over the Internet, via live streaming video; collaborative learning software includes WebEx and Blackboard; classes are archived online for review and easy access.
If you're like most prospective students, you have lots of questions about S&T's distance programs. We've tried to answer the most commonly asked questions, which can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Hopefully, we've answered your questions. If we haven't, please send them our way. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-341-4892 or toll free 1-877-678-1870.
Professor Yu-Hsien Chiu
Associate Teaching Professor, Assistant Chair
Business and Information Science and Technology
112 Fulton Hall
301 W. 14th St.
Rolla, MO 65409-0360
Senior Assistant Director
Student Support Services
216 Centennial Hall
Rolla, MO 65409-1560
Toll Free: 1-877-678-1870