- DCE Home
- About DCE
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Certificate and Graduate Degree Programs
- Boeing Students
- Professional Development Programs
- Pre-College Programs and Summer Camps
- Staff Directory
Graduate Degree Programs
Master of Science in Information Science and Technology
The explosive growth and utilization of information has transformed every aspect of our economy and society. The associated rise in increasingly complex technology has generated the need for highly trained professionals to implement and maintain information systems on local and global scales.
Missouri University of Science and Technology’s master’s degree in information science and technology is structured to educate students in the design, development, and successful application of information systems in modern corporate organizations. With only four required core courses, this program provides students with the flexibility to choose their own specialized areas of interest. Areas of specialization that lead to graduate certificates include: human-computer interaction, enterprise resource planning (with SAP Certificate), psychology of leadership, and project management. Other areas of specialization include computer networks, communication systems and e-commerce.
A total of 30 credit hours of coursework is required to complete this degree.
Please check the Schedule of Classes for a current list of available courses for distance students.
- Bachelor’s degree with GPA ≥ 3.0, or successful completion of 12 graduate hours in IST courses
- GRE: V ≥ 143 (370 based on previous scale), Q ≥ 148 (600 based on previous scale), A≥ 3.5; or GMAT: Q ≥ 35, V ≥ 21, A ≥ 3.5
- International requirement: TOEFL ≥ 230 (computer-based), ≥ 570 (paper-based), ≥ 88(web-based); or IELTS ≥ 6.5
Click here for more admission information
Graduate certificate programs are a great way to start earning college credit toward a graduate degree. The GRE is not required to enter a certificate program. If you complete a certificate program with a grade of B or better in all core courses, you may be accepted into the corresponding master's degree program without taking the GRE.
IST Graduate Certificates
- Business Analytics and Data Science
- Business Intelligence
- Digital Media
- Digital Supply Chain Management
- Electronic and Social Commerce
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Management and Leadership
- Mobile Business and Technology
- Project Management(Information Systems)
Courses are delivered over the Internet, via live streaming video; collaborative learning software includes WebEx and Blackboard; classes are archived online for review and easy access.
If you're like most prospective students, you have lots of questions about S&T's distance programs. We've tried to answer the most commonly asked questions, which can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Hopefully, we've answered your questions. If we haven't, please send them our way. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-341-4892 or toll free 1-877-678-1870.
Professor Yu-Hsien Chiu
Associate Teaching Professor, Assistant Chair
Business and Information Science and Technology
112 Fulton Hall
301 W. 14th St.
Rolla, MO 65409-0360
Senior Assistant Director
Student Support Services
216 Centennial Hall
Rolla, MO 65409-1560
Toll Free: 1-877-678-1870