- DCE Home
- About DCE
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Certificate and Graduate Degree Programs
- Boeing Students
- Professional Development Programs
- Pre-College Programs and Summer Camps
- Staff Directory
Master of Science in Information Science and Technology
Big Data Brochure (pdf)
The explosive growth and utilization of information has transformed every aspect of our economy and society. The associated rise in increasingly complex technology has generated the need for highly trained professionals to implement and maintain information systems on local and global scales. Missouri University of Science and Technology’s master’s degree in information science and technology is structured to educate students in the design, development, and successful application of information systems in modern corporate organizations. With only four required core courses, this program provides students with the flexibility to choose their own specialized areas of interest. Areas of specialization that lead to graduate certificates include: human-computer interaction, enterprise resource planning (with SAP Certificate), psychology of leadership, and project management. Other areas of specialization include computer networks, communication systems and e-commerce.
A total of 30 credit hours of coursework is required to complete this degree.
Admissions Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with GPA ≥ 3.0, or successful completion of 12 graduate hours in IST courses; GRE: V ≥ 143 (370 based on previous scale), Q ≥ 148 (600 based on previous scale), A≥ 3.5; or GMAT: Q ≥ 35, V ≥ 21, A ≥ 3.5; International requirement: TOEFL ≥ 230 (computer-based), ≥ 570 (paper-based), ≥ 88(web-based); or IELTS ≥ 6.5.
- DCE Application and $55 application fee
- Transcripts (unofficial are sufficient for an admit decision, but S&T will require official transcripts from all universities attended before a student may register for a second semester.)
- Statement of Purpose (brief: 2-3 paragraphs why you wish to apply for this program)
- GRE scores
- 3 letters of recommendation (on the online application you will submit 3 names and email address. They will automatically be notified to complete a recommendation form on your behalf.)
Delivery Format: Courses are delivered over the Internet, via live streaming video; collaborative learning software includes WebEx and Blackboard; classes are archived online for review and easy access.
IST Graduate Certificates
- Business Analytics and Data Science
- Business Intelligence
- Digital Media
- Digital Supply Chain Management
- Electronic and Social Commerce
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Human-Computer Interaction and User Experience
- Human Systems Integration
- Management and Leadership
- Mobile Business and Technology
- Project Management(Information Systems)