- DCE Home
- About DCE
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Certificate and Graduate Degree Programs
- Boeing Students
- Professional Development Programs
- Pre-College Programs and Summer Camps
- Staff Directory
Master of Engineering in Geotechnics
Missouri University of Science and Technology is one of the top geotechnology schools in the country. Its online master of engineering in geotechnics is an interdisciplinary program with a practice-oriented project requirement.
Geotechnics combines both the fields of soil mechanics and rock mechanics with engineering to form a comprehensive program of study. It requires 30 credit hours of coursework to complete, with a minimum of 15 credit hours of geological engineering courses. Students take courses in geology and geotechnics, soil mechanics, rock mechanics and subsurface hydrology. In addition, courses in civil engineering, environmental engineering, geological engineering, geology and geophysics and mining engineering may be applied toward the geotechnics degree.
Admissions Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in related discipline; GRE: V+Q ≥ 298 (1050 on previous scale), A ≥ 3.5; GPA ≥ 2.75; or enroll in geotechnics certificate program, complete the four core courses with a grade of “B” or better in each to advance to the graduate degree. International requirement: TOEFL ≥ 560 or 80 iBT.
- DCE Application and $55 application fee
- Transcripts (unofficial are sufficient for an admit decision, but S&T will require official transcripts from all universities attended before a student may register for a second semester.)
- Statement of Purpose (brief: 2-3 paragraphs why you wish to apply for this program)
- GRE scores
- 3 letters of recommendation (on the online application you will submit 3 names and email address. They will automatically be notified to complete a recommendation form on your behalf.)
Delivery Format: Courses are delivered over the Internet, via live streaming video; collaborative learning software includes WebEx and Blackboard; classes are archived online for review and easy access.
Geotechnics Graduate Certificate