- DCE Home
- About DCE
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Certificate and Graduate Degree Programs
- Boeing Students
- Professional Development Programs
- Pre-College Programs and Summer Camps
- Staff Directory
Master of Science in Engineering Management
Engineering Management focuses on the convergence of engineering, management and technology in high technology environments. There is a growing need for engineers who can see the big picture, effectively interact and communicate with people, appreciate the business ramifications of decisions, thrive on ambiguity, effectively work in teams, and apply critical thinking skills to solve real-world problems.
Missouri University of Science and Technology’s engineering management program develops leaders who have these skills and are comfortable with the language and methods of engineering, business and technology. Through this program, students take four required courses in the foundation areas of engineering management.
EMGT 5111 Management for Engineers and Scientists
EMGT 5412 Operations Management Science
EMGT 6211 Advanced Financial Management
EMGT 5320 Project Management
In addition, students take four courses in an area of specialization and two elective courses. Specialization tracks include financial engineering, industrial engineering, management of technology, manufacturing systems, project management, and quality engineering.
A total of 30 credit hours of coursework is required to complete this degree. Graduates of our programs are in high demand and many employers provide education benefits to working engineers who are pursuing this degree.
Admission Requirements: Admission Requirements: Bachelor’s in engineering, math, or physical science; Cumulative GPA ≥ 3.0 (GPA ≥ 3.5 for PhD); GRE (test taken on or after August, 2011): V≥155, Q≥148, A≥4.0; -or- (if taken prior to August, 2011): V+Q>1100, A ≥ 4.0. International requirement: TOEFL ≥ 580/237/92.
- DCE Application and $55 application fee
- Transcripts (unofficial are sufficient for an admit decision, but S&T will require official transcripts from all universities attended before a student may register for a second semester.)
- Statement of Purpose (brief: 2-3 paragraphs why you wish to apply for this program)
- GRE scores
- 3 letters of recommendation (on the online application you will submit 3 names and email address. They will automatically be notified to complete a recommendation form on your behalf.)
Delivery Format: Courses are delivered over the Internet, via live streaming video; collaborative learning software includes WebEx and Blackboard; classes are archived online for review and easy access.
Engineering Management Graduate Certificate Programs
- Engineering Management
- Financial Engineering
- Human Systems Integration
- Leadership in Engineering Organizations
- Lean Six Sigma
- Project Management
- Project Engineering and Construction Management
- Safety Engineering