- DCE Home
- About DCE
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Certificate and Graduate Degree Programs
- Boeing Students
- Professional Development Programs
- Pre-College Programs and Summer Camps
- Staff Directory
Graduate Degree Programs
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
Electrical engineers help drive, implement and evaluate new technologies. At Missouri S&T, we have been educating electrical engineers for almost 100 years. Our program is one of the top 50 graduate electrical engineering programs in the country (U.S. News and World Report).
From technical proficiency in hardware and software, to the understanding of complex global projects, economic impact and ethics, students in this program become competent problem solvers at all levels of electrical engineering.
Areas of study include: Circuits, Electronics, Communications and Signal Processing, Control Systems, Electromagnetics, Power and Energy and Devices and Optics.
This program requires 30 credit hours of coursework for both non-thesis and thesis, with 6 hours of research required for the thesis.
Please check the Schedule of Classes for a current list of available courses for distance students.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from ABET accredited university (or equivalent international), with GPA ≥ 3.3/4.0
- GRE V≥150 (450 based on previous scale); Q≥ 160 (760 based on previous scale); GRE V+Q≥310 (1210 on previous scale); GRE WR score ≥ 4.0;
- International requirement: TOEFL>92 iBT – internet based test; 580 PBT – paper based test; 237 CBT - computer based test
Click here for more admission information
Graduate certificate programs are a great way to start earning college credit toward a graduate degree. The GRE is not required to enter a certificate program. If you complete a certificate program with a grade of B or better in all core courses, you may be accepted into the corresponding master's degree program without taking the GRE.
Electrical Engineering Graduate Certificates:
- Computational Intelligence
- Electric Machines and Drives
- Electric Power Systems Engineering
- Information Assurance & Security Officer Essentials
- Network Centric Systems
Courses are delivered over the Internet, via live streaming video; collaborative learning software includes WebEx and Blackboard; classes are archived online for review and easy access.
If you're like most prospective students, you have lots of questions about S&T's distance programs. We've tried to answer the most commonly asked questions, which can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Hopefully, we've answered your questions. If we haven't, please send them our way. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-341-4892 or toll free 1-877-678-1870.
Senior Assistant Director
Student Support Services
216 Centennial Hall
Rolla, MO 65409-1560
Toll Free: 1-877-678-1870