- DCE Home
- About DCE
- Future Distance Students
- Current Distance Students
- Distance Programs
- Professional Development Programs
- Pre-College Programs and Summer Camps
- Staff Directory
This page provides procedure for adding/dropping distance classes AFTER the semester has started. Prior to the first day of classes students can add/drop themselves on Joe'SS.
Step 1: Student Contacts Faculty & Advisor
Student initiates drop or add by emailing the instructor of the class and his/her advisor asking permission to do so.
Step 2: Faculty & Advisor Give Consent
The instructor and advisor reply to the student with their consent.
Step 3: Student Forwards Emails
The student then forwards the emails to Vicki Gibbons firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4: DCE Creates Add/Drop Slip
An add/drop slip will be completed by a DCE staff member and the email will be attached with the slip and taken to the Registrar's Office to be processed.
100 percent refund provided if class is dropped in accordance with the following policy.
- 4-week course: class is dropped by the end of the 1st week of classes
- 8-week course: class is dropped by the end of the 2nd week of classes
- 16-week course: class is dropped by the end of the 3rd week of classes
After these dates, no refund will be given.
Please see Academic Dates and Deadlines below for a complete list of deadlines.